Monday, November 16, 2009

About Me?

Why hello there. I always have been bad at this intro stuff. I have no problem throwing down my thoughts, and going on endlessly about a subject, but the start off is always rough, kind of like a Honda. That seems to be the problem with most people though, right?

Me? I am nothing more than the fan that has his fair share of opinions that has to do with anything that has to do with the inflatable orange rubber ball called a basketball. I'm the guy kickin' back with his girl downing nachos and suddenly jumping straight up when someone makes a ridiculous pass. The one waving his hand up and down when someone makes an "And1" play as if I was the referee. The one pointing at the corner of the screen yelling, "HE'S OPEN!" wondering why he didn't pass it completely forgetting that not only do the players not have birds eye view of the action, but that I don't have a 6'0+ FT 180+ lbs. guy in my face blocking my vision. The one that puts both hands on his head when someone blows a wide-open fast break layup. The one yelling randomly out of frustration when his team commits a turnover by throwing really obvious pass that results in easy points for the opposition. The one that talks to the TV yelling, "PUT IT IN KOBE'S HANDS" when it's crunch time. I am all that and the bag of chips I destroy while drinking a cold beer and watching the game.

My favorite team?



Jealous? You should be. :) Don't worry, I'm not like other Lakers fans, my favorite player while he's one of the tops on my list isn't even Kobe Bryant(Tim Duncan is, SAY WHAT?!). My all-time favorite player wasn't a Laker either(Hakeem "The Dream" Olajuwon, can't argue that one can you?). I just happen to be from Los Angeles, and yes I am a die-hard Lakers fan, BUT I am also a NBA fan in general. Don’t really care much to argue about who’s better or their individual accolades (like the MVP award for example). I value cohesion and team play a lot more because when the season is over, the most celebrated and cared about accolade is the winning of the championship ring. If I'm talking about an individual player it most likely will be about what he does, and how he helps and or hurts his team instead of what the player can do individually and how "great" he is. Yeah, I don't really care about individual success, I'm the kind of guy that likes helping and watching other people succeed. I'm kind of like the prototypical point guard. I'd rather make the pass and make sure things are working instead of worrying about if I get my points.

Interested? No? Oh well, this isn't really for you, this is just for me to throw down my endless thoughts on this great game called basketball. Why? Because it's hard finding anyone that shares the same passion I do about the game. Wanna follow? That's great, if not, oh well.

Yup, that's me in the basketball sense. That was a lot longer than I expected.

EDITED ADD IN: 3 days in and I'm already starting to get some nice support on this. Hmm, depending on how things go I might wanna start taking it to the next level, whattya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment